Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Green Fashion: Eco Swim by Aqua Green Swimsuits Review

I was recently contacted by someone representing EcoSwim by Aqua Green to see if I would be interested in reviewing some of their swimsuits and of course I was thrilled to since I'm definitely an advocate for anything that is environmentally friendly. They are a U.S. based company that makes stylish swimwear from sustainable materials and uses proceeds to fund beach/waterway clean-up projects. The brand has been featured in magazines like Cosmopolitan, In-Style, and Shape but their mission statement says it all:

"Our mission is to provide fashionable, excellent quality, and planet-friendly swimwear. We will achieve this by embracing sustainable technologies and methods, hence reducing our carbon footprint in the sand. Our vision is to be the most sustainable swimwear manufacturer on the planet. We're not there yet, but with every sunrise we try harder."

It's incredible how they are striving to find the most eco-friendly alternatives not just for their manufacturing needs but even for the source of elastics/tags on their swimsuits. They are partnered with Repreve, which is a brand of fabrics made from 100% recycled materials from post-consumer and industrial waste. This really proves how passionate they are about saving the environment and that every detail counts. 

Unfortunately, the sample sizes they sent were too big for me to try on but below are several photos that I took as well as some promotional ones. From browsing online, I can honestly say that most of the styles offered are actually functional and fashion-forward!
I loved the print on this! You can purchase the separates here and here
This style is super adorable if you want some more coverage. 
On a model to give a better idea of fit.
I actually really like this one too!

I won't be able to discuss how the suits fit on petite bodies but I know that size 4 is the smallest they have. Just from touching and pulling on the elastic parts of the items sent to me, I can tell that the overall quality is exceptional.  There is quite a bit of resistance on the bands which indicates that they will last and the swimsuit won't lose elasticity easily. The material in general feels dense and thus more expensive. One major selling point (to me at least) is that the tops are nicely padded...Hallelujah for all the small-busted women out there! The padding actually looks really natural and aren't the ones that you can remove so it will stay in place.

All in all, I think the EcoSwim suits are stylish and worth buying...I would get the polka-dotted one in a heartbeat if I knew it fit. Find EcoSwim suits online at various retailers and visit them on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: Items were sent to me from EcoSwim for reviewing purposes.

10 comments:

  1. oh love the polka dot swimsuit! so adorable. wished it came in smaller sizes for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  2. witheachpassingdayApril 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

    I love the polka dot swimsuit. It's too bad it doesn't fit. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both really cute suits, sorry to hear they didn't fit!  Usually for swimwear I prefer to buy in xs or s because sizes can sometimes be off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The polka dot one is so cute, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too...too bad I can't find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me about it...so disappointing about the sizes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I agree with you about swimwear because I feel like sometimes I'm a smaller size on the top than I am on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting! I wish I can find the polka dot one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the dress is really cute! Too bad they don't make smaller sizes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each one of your comments and always look forward to hearing from you! I will do my best to respond in a timely manner. =)